We had a mixed bag on the weekend, with our 1st half going very well against Oatley and the 2nd half against Waverly going extremely poorly, however, we did have quite a few injuries and players unable to play, which meant a lot of people playing out of position. Keep your heads high boys, because they were both very well drilled teams.
The heat definitely played a part in how we came, unstuck, but we do need to work on our fitness. I urge everyone to try and do a minimum of 30-40 minutes a day on your own and get to training when it is on Wednesday.
The week ahead
Club Captain – Nominations
This week we will be asking for nominations for Club Captain. The individual tasks of the Club Captain include:
- To ensure that players know what is expected of them in terms of commitment and attitude towards training and competition.
- To communicate with the players and to listen and react appropriately to any problems which may arise.
- Communicate player concerns with the coach and committee;
- To liaise with other Club Captains and the Committee.
- Ensure players have access to transport for matches;
- To report any accident or incident to the Safety Officer.
The role is open to any player. If you would like to nominate a player (or yourself) for the role of club captain, please forward your nominations to the club secretary Chris Kritikos ([email protected]), in writing by Wednesday 4th (you will have an opportunity to put your nominations in after training on Wednesday)
Players nominated (and who accept the nomination), will be voted on by the players the following Wednesday, 11th April 2012.
- No training tonight, we have pulled the session, for recovery and a number of players are also involved in the Suburban Rugby strapping course up at the Union offices from 6:30pm.
- There is still opportunity to attend the strapping course at the Rugby Union offices at the SFS if anyone is keen. We have put 4 people forward thus far, but am happy to put as many forward as possible. Email [email protected] or text on 0450200638 if you want to attend and have not yet got your name down.
Training will be on from 6:30. Please make it as we definitely need to work hard as a unit. Please call or text George on 0405 746 937 if you can’t make it. After training we will be having a few Easter Beverages, so try to make it.
No game this weekend, due to Easter.
If you are going away for Easter, take care on the roads.